Every homeowner knows that taking care of a home can be an expensive and challenging task sometimes. There always seems to be something that is in need of repair or that needs to be replaced or updated. One area that is very important to keep in order is your lawn and outside of your home. The outside areas of your home are the first thing that visitors notice, and can make you proud and pleased with your home and with your lot. However, if you feel a sense of bewilderment with your lawn and house front, then it may be time to make a few improvements. Below are six ways to improve the outside look of your home, all of which are budget-friendly.
1. Take notice of your flowerbeds, shrubs, and trees around your home and throughout your yard. Are there any dead flowers, shrubs, or tree limbs that need to be removed? Have any of the shrubs or trees outgrown the space that is allotted for them? If so, trim your shrubs and your trees so they look more appropriate for the space they are given, and remove any dead flowers, shrubs, or limbs. It is amazing how fresh the flower beds and trees look after they have received a nice trimming.
2. Once again, look at the flowerbeds around your yard. What material do you have around the base of the beds? Do you use mulch, pine needles, or pebbles? Whichever you use, decide if it is time to add new material to the flowerbeds, or replace the material with something else. Sprucing up the bases of your flowerbeds or around the bases of trees can really add some fresh appeal for your lawn.
3. Another task that will improve the appeal of your lawn is to edge carefully along the street, driveway, and sidewalk. While completing this task, also remove any weeds that may have popped up along the cracks of your driveway or sidewalk. Tidying up the areas around your yard that are not meant to have grass will give your outdoor area a nice, crisp look that will help define your yard unlike anything else.
4. Once evening arrives, wander outdoors and take a look at your home from a distance. Do you have adequate lighting? Is the lighting appealing? One thing that you can do, while spending just a little bit of money, is to update some of the lighting around your yard. Perhaps place some lights around trees or shrubs that are thriving and interesting, or light up your driveway or walkway with new lights. This is a simple way to make a dramatic improvement to your home, without blowing your budget.
5. How does the outside of your house look, as you make an inspection? Do you need to pressure wash your home, your driveway, or your sidewalk? Unless you have a pressure washer, this activity may cost a little more money if you need to rent one or hire help, but the payoff can be significant. Cleaning up the outside of your home or the outside paved areas can make a big difference in the eyes of the beholder.
6. Does your yard lack color? Homeowners can really add a lot of appeal and warmth to their home by strategically placing blooming flowers around the front entranceway or throughout the flowerbeds. New and interesting shrubs can also add a lot of character and pizzazz. Shop around in various garden-supply stores to find plants that are appealing to you and ones that will fit your style.
In conclusion, these are just a few ideas that may improve the look of your home. Be fun and creative as you strive to spruce things up and find the appealing look that you hope to see each time you arrive home. Mighty Green Lawn Care offers Birmingham lawn care services to keep your grass healthy and vibrant and to keep weeds and pests away. Request a free estimate today!
2017 © Mighty Green Lawn Care
All Rights Reserved
All Rights Reserved